1. During middle childhood, children continue to add
inches in height and pounds
in weight each year.
2. Children from (low-SES or
more likely to be overweight.
3. What is the current secular trend
in physical growth?
Limit your response to 10 words or so, just capture the main idea.
4. Amount of time spent watching TV
is a strong predictor of whether a school-age child will be
obese or not.
5. Antidepressant drugs are the most
effective treatment for childhood enuresis.
6. What change in information
processing impacts physical skill levels in middle childhood?
7. Spontaneous rule-oriented games
in middle childhood:
permit children to compete
with little personal risk.
help children gain more
mature concepts of fairness and justice.
are declining in favor of
all of the above.
8. During middle childhood
girls are behind boys in all gross motor skills and abilities.