is offered every semester in the Department of
Psychology. In the Fall and Spring semesters you can take the course from
Jamie Nekich (you're on her website) or Ben Barton.
This course is also as a web-based course
in the Fall, Spring, & Summer sessions by Dr. Nekich.
syllabus provides the basic structure of the course. The course explores child development from conception
through early adulthood. It covers theory and research that prepares
students entering fields like education, recreation, mental health,
and human services. It also provides practical information for individuals
who are, or plan to some day be, parents.
are supplemented with:
- power point presentations that structure content
- YouTube and videotape segments to illustrate key concepts
- weekly homework assignments for concept building
- news stories and narrative stories taken from the
instructor's clinical, teaching, and personal experience
- extra-credit opportunities are available to enhance classroom